Temporary Level 2 Teaching Assistant
Required to start as soon as possible in May 2018, this is a temporary role until 24th July 2018.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and caring teaching assistant / midday supervisor to join our dedicated and friendly team. This is a part-time position of 22.5 hours per week supporting a KS2 child with SEND. Within the role, an additional 2.5 hours per week midday supervision is also a requirement (half hour per day). A job share would be considered.
We are seeking a candidate who:
- Has experience, skills and knowledge of working with children with SEND
- Can inspire and motivate pupils to achieve their very best
- Has high expectations of achievement and behaviour
- Can effectively work with parents/carers, staff and agencies
- Can be a positive, dedicated team player and role model
Experience of working with pupils with special needs will be an advantage as the role may include:
- An understanding of Social Emotional and Mental Health education
- Demonstrating active listening skills
- Supporting and developing social skills
- Developing self-help and independent skills
- Supporting sensory and physical needs
We can offer:
- A school committed to excellence and enjoyment
- An ethos of team work and collaboration, and opportunities for continuing professional development
- Dedicated staff, children, parents and Governing body
- Children who are enthusiastic and love learning
- Appropriate support and training
If you are looking for an opportunity to work in a school community where you can continue to develop your understanding of learning and skills in a supportive environment then come and visit us.
An application pack is available from the school office on 01638 741529, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. or from our website www.swaffhamprior.cambs.sch.uk
Interested applicants are encouraged to visit the school.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check will be required for this post. Appointments are subject to two references.
Closing date: Wednesday 2 May at noon
Interview date: Friday 4th May 2018 (to be confirmed)