Vision and Values
The school is a co-educational, Church of England, Primary School, administered by Cambridgeshire Education Authority, serving children from the year in which they are five until they reach the age of eleven. The school is part of the Ely Diocese and is part of the Diocese of Ely Multi-Academy Trust.
Swaffham Prior CE Primary School embraces the opportunity to contribute to the Church of England’s ‘Vision for Education’ (2016)
Swaffham Prior CE School is committed to removing barriers to learning so that every child can grow and flourish, producing good things for their own lives and enriching the lives of others. Our engaging curriculum stretches from the school connecting with home, church and our local community. We want to help everyone in our school community to recognise their own God given gifts and abilities and to value the gifts and abilities of others. The values we celebrate and promote in school shape the whole of our children’s lives. All children are given the opportunity to develop their own spirituality, to be curious and ask big questions, to celebrate and to make good choices. Our pupils are at the heart of everything we do. In partnership with families, we nurture self-belief, encouraging all to become successful, able and responsible members of the global community.
Swaffham Prior CE School wishes to encourage children and adults to wonder and to reflect on their experiences and learning in school. Having a flexible and open way of thinking will help children to succeed in a rapidly changing world. There may be many ways to tackle a problem and many ways of looking at the world. For the first hearers of the parable the seed also came to represent the word of God ~ the values and way of living that God wanted to sow in the world.
Our vision is to inspire children and adults in our community to recognise the ways of living and relating to others which will enable good things to happen; and for us all to fulfil our God given potential.
The Christian themes underpinning this vision our aims and most importantly our practice are those of planting, growing and harvesting as expressed in The Parable of the Sower.
“It came up and yielded a crop, a hundred times more than was sown.” Luke 8:5-8
Our Aims at Swaffham Prior CE School are:
• Children learn within a safe, caring community to develop compassion for others.
• Staff focus upon providing the highest possible standards of education and upon enthusing pupils with wonder and hope.
• Through broad and balanced experiences, we inspire perseverance and celebrate the uniqueness and successes of all.
• Christianvalues underpin our peaceful school, and we utilise these alongside a culture of mutual respect, to ensure the happiness and personal growth of each individual.
• By working in partnership with families we nurture the whole child and provide a basis for a hopeful future for our pupils to develop into responsible and fulfilled members of society.
At the heart of how we try to achieve this lie our Core Values. We aim to demonstrate these values in the way we learn, work and play in our school. These values have been chosen by our pupils, staff and governors and they are:
COMPASSION COMMUNITY HOPE PEACE PERSEVERANCE WONDER
Please find link below to DEMATs Vision and Values:
Vision and Values Statement