Mars Class Page
Welcome to Mars Class web page.
Mars Class (year 1 and 2) is taught by Mrs Baker and Mrs Walker. Mrs Baker teaches Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and Mrs Walker teaches Thursday and Friday. The class is supported by Mrs Dalton and Miss Frost. Mrs Cook provides some small group work too.
We have daily phonics sessions to develop key skills for reading and writing. We encourage the children to read for pleasure and to write for different purposes.
In Maths we focus on developing the children’s understanding of numbers and the number system. We often work practically making use of different resources.
Our topics for this year are
- Grab your Brollies – weather
- Frozen – Antarctica
- To Infinity and Beyond – man in space
- Back to the Future – our history, our future
- Seaside Rescue – Geography and the RNLI
- We link Art, DT, Science, Geography and History through the termly topics.
- Keep an eye on the website to see what we have been up to.
Much fun was had in Mars class on Friday afternoon. We celebrated filling the marbles in the class jar with water pistols and buckets in …
What a great day we had when History off the Page visited us. We experienced different aspects of a Victorian seaside holiday and handled…
What a blissful day!
View our Mars class newsletters and learning grids to see what we’ve got coming up.